Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We're ONLY HUMAN...

... You know what?


We all have our stuff to carry. We've all been through things we wouldn't wish upon another human being, friend or foe.

We don't get to choose what happens to us, or how it happens. All we choose is how we recuperate from it all.

How we pick our stuff together after being shot down, for another, countless time, and move on.

How we brush the dust off our clothes, sweep the hair off our dirty faces, check for new bruises and sore limbs and continue walking.


Time heals all wounds - they say. I don't believe that. I believe time heals nothing, but it gives us a distance to our own problems and lets us deal with them. We can either try and pick the lessons out of the heap of rubble that fell over us and try to do something productive with it, not letting it consume us and keep us from living - or we can dwell over every little detail of the last defeat time and time again, until there's nothing else we can see but what had happened in the past.


We are all just humans. We bruise easily.


It's okay to go a little crazy every now and then.


I chose to wear my scars like badges, proud of the defeats as well as the wins. Bruising means you had tough competition. And you survived.

Put all the unresolved issues and worries in the mental waste bin, because tomorrow is going to happen, no matter how much you try to stop it. The moon will spin around us and we will spin around the sun and that is all there is to it.

And whatever is going to happen will happen. So why worry?

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it...

AND...

Because I'm ONLY HUMAN, I'll get bored too, I'm bored of my notes and revisions, so I stopped for a lil'while to blog myself away from all the numbers and figures. But I have to get back on track with my revision again... I can't stop time, the next paper is still going on tomorrow, I can't deny it's inevitability... Nor try to find the possibilities beneath the impossibilities... and after all... I'M ONLY HUMAN...

All the best to me.

Cheerio, peeps.

No comments: