Saturday, November 15, 2008

100 Pieces of Me

Inspired by Cheryl =)
*Deep Breaths*
  1. My name, Bowie, was named after the famous English artist, David Bowie.
  2. I was borned on 26th of October, year 1987. 26th Oct is the 299th (or 300th in leap years) day of the year in Gregorian Calendar.
  3. I was borned and raised in Penang.
  4. My dad was a big fan of David Bowie back in the 70s to 80s.
  5. However, I'm not a fan of David Bowie though, not even a bit.
  6. When I was 3, I was able to recognize every car's name and model (cars that were available that time being).
  7. The real reason why I'm interested in piano is not because I loved piano from the very beginning, but it was my mum and my aunt's advise.
  8. My aunt said:" Bowie just look at your fingers, they are so slim. You could put some good use on'em if you are to play piano. " I was then attracted to piano.
  9. I have a younger brother named Bolie, his name rhymes after mine.
  10. I have my dad's smile, while my younger brother has my mum's.
  11. My mum and dad used to be my best playmates before my mum gave birth to my younger brother.
  12. I was insanely jealous when my mum and dad needed some *ahem* privacy because I feared that I might be lonely and no one would play with me.
  13. I refused to leave my mum's side for the better part of my childhood.
  14. My dad raised my interest in English songs and other related stuffs.
  15. He failed to raise my interest in tennis though. But he did raised my younger brother's.
  16. I always feel glad because my dad trained my fluency in English language while he sent me to Chinese school, just to make sure I possess good commands of English and Chinese languages, which turns out I am.
  17. I still think about the friends I made when I was attending primary school.
  18. I had my first crush in primary school. Her name is Lee Cheng Cheng.
  19. I saw her at a tuition class when I was in secondary school. Turns out I still have a crush on her on that particular moment.
  20. I got into the secondary school that I never wanted to attend. How so, it was then I met the best friends of my life.
  21. I can always recall how I got to know my best buddy, Jerwin. Who is also my duet partner.
  22. I met him on a night when I was helping my dad for car wash. He was walking pass right in front of my house and I greeted him. He was my classmate but that's when I got to know his name and knowing that he actually lived on the same street with me!
  23. He raised my interest in guitar when we were in form 3.
  24. We used to sing and play guitar in front of his house every evening.
  25. I got my first guitar when I was form 3, too.
  26. I learned how to play guitar by applying the concepts of piano on it, it worked!
  27. I had my first fight when I was in form 2, I forgot how it started. The person I was fighting with was Khor Y Chun. We ended up shaking hands to each other and "dude, u okay?" because it was about time to attend Science class and we have to go to the lab.
  28. That was when I got to realize the meaning of the chinese saying "不打不相识" (You never fight, you'll never know).
  29. I met my first girlfriend when I was 18. Her name is Rachel Lydia Low. She was part of my sweetest memories.
  30. I was attracted to her pinky cheeks, well, face too.
  31. We used to love Baskin Robbins so much as BR represents Bowie and Rachel, and we loved its ice creams.
  32. My love for Baskin Robbins's ice cream remained still.
  33. Life was perfect, when she brought out the best of me. I miss it.
  34. I used to sing 'You Are My Sunshine' with her, she was my best duet partner and that song was our best performance.
  35. I love giving advice. I'm great at it, too. It's like a magic trick I don't know the secret behind, the answers just come to me.
  36. I can only do this with others. When it comes to me, I'm clueless, well, most of the time.
  37. So far rejection doesn't really bother me. I know I'll get there eventually.
  38. I'm very competitive with myself.
  39. I was a valedictorian.
  40. I worry constantly about things I have no control over.
  41. I'm afraid of commitment, yet I never let this fear stand in my way.
  42. My grandparents used to tell me what things are gonna be like in my future, now it seems that they were right.
  43. Even though it seems like I have a million friends, I only feel close to and comfortable with VERY few people.
  44. I've been in a relationship twice, but in love only once.
  45. I believe my soulmate is somewhere out there holding one end of an invisible string. I am holding the other.
  46. I'm very attracted to girls who are aware of themselves and that don't pretend.
  47. In fact, I'm fond of people who don't pretend.
  48. I find solace in knowing there is a purpose.
  49. I used to be jealous of people with lots of close best friends. Now I realize I'm the lucky one with my special few
  50. My family means everything to me. I would do anything and go anywhere for them.
  51. I hate mathematics so much that I sworn to myself that I will never get my hands on calculations after secondary school, ever!
  52. Yet, I'm in my sophomore year of university, taking up engineering course.
  53. My degree is in Engineering.
  54. There's not a day that passes I don't think about home.
  55. If you ask me how you look, I'll sincerely tell you how I think.
  56. I'm romantic and passionate.
  57. I hate to shop.
  58. But I love to buy.
  59. I love being the centre of attention.
  60. I hate board games and cards.
  61. I'll play them occasionally though.
  62. I've never been to Middle-East.
  63. I used to be very gullible to a fault.
  64. I love to win.
  65. But I hate to see others lose.
  66. I love to sing.
  67. I love movies.
  68. I love good foods.
  69. I love to speak in front of huge audiences.
  70. I trust my judgement, but accept other people's comments if I have to.
  71. Sometimes, things I dream about come true.
  72. Weather permitting, I love to sleep outside under the stars -- NO TENT.
  73. I love to sleep on the beach, too.
  74. I do love beach.
  75. I love roller coasters where the thrill is the speed.
  76. When I read before bed, I pretty much fall asleep.
  77. I was shocked in the sophomore of my diploma, when a not-quite-popular girl in my class stood up and said 'I want to be popular'. I always thought the idea was to rise up and kill the popular kids. Does a Jew want to be a Nazi?
  78. I can type like a speed demon.
  79. I seriously enjoy coffee.
  80. I like the taste of alcohol, but I don't enjoy being drunk, and I really dislike the alcohol universe.
  81. I'm non-smoker.
  82. I've always believed in the existense of ghosts and UFOs.
  83. I believe that the Moon was invented by human beings back in previous civilizations, like Pyramids. It ain't just float there for no reason at all.
  84. I like to sing while I'm driving, of course, if, I'm alone in the car.
  85. I love to play Final Fantasy's piano soundtrack, Memory of Lightwaves with piano.
  86. I love to play and sing Alicia Key's No One with guitar.
  87. My top value is freedom.
  88. I'm spiritual, but not religious.
  89. I believe that movies like The Matrix and I Am Legend are somehow reflecting what kind of future that we will face, in no time.
  90. For me, the 9/11 spectacle was like a near-death experience. It made me loosen up, live for the moment, take more chances, because I could die any time. I don't understand why it had the opposite effects on everyone else.
  91. I prefer something that is hidden than something that is obvious.
  92. I am a true Scorpio.
  93. I got close to death once; it changed my entire perception of life.
  94. I always wanted to travel across the globe on foot, with a group of friends, after civilization collapses.
  95. I have been toying with the idea of going to some unknown and disconnected place and living there for a few months in the midst of nature. Too impractical right now though.
  96. I am moody, over-sensitive, obsessive, controlling, selfish, arrogant, stubborn, lazy and self-indulgent.
  97. I am ALSO kind, smart, funny, imaginative, empathetic, practical, creative, loving, conscientious, and optimistic.
  98. I believe it takes a long time to know a person. So this list is insufficient for you to know me. Anyhow I hope you aren't falling asleep reading this.
  99. I just wanna be myself.
  100. And I found that it's not easy to come out with 100 pieces of me in words!
*EXHALE*
Cheerio!
Fetching comments =D

By the way, I tagged a few people as well tho... =P
They will need to come out with a list of 100 pieces of them as well... Your official name won't be shown here tho, but, know thyself! :
- Choo Xuan Xuan
- Len Len
- Lizard
- RG
- King Stewie
- Jerwin
- Debbie de Unique

*curtain falls*

9 comments:

Titus said...

my goodness, lol, that was long!

Bowie said...

it ain't a 1-day-work.
lol.
Titus, I tagged you.
Now I wanna see the 100 pieces of yours as well! xD mwahaha.

Anonymous said...

so how long did it take you to figure urself out in 100 pieces eh?n u're 1 real musician huh? would love to watch u perform a song or 2someday=)impressively..amazing..i doubt i can ever produce a 10-piece of myself let alone a 100-piece!
beautiful=)

Bowie said...

erm... to be exact? 2 days! Yuyu.. I wanna read yours as well... but too bad u ain't blogging. I can always read e-mails you know... =P

Ren Geng任耕 said...

Huh...tats long n require lots of thinking i wonder...

n d more shock part is at d end of the list...is tat RG means me?

Bowie said...

Yes. HAHA!

Congratulations, you are the chosen one.

I'm looking forward to read your 100 pcs as well.

Ren Geng任耕 said...

haha...

ok..100..tats kinds of a lot..
n i nid some free time to really think bout them...

jux wait for some time...hehe...

Bowie said...

of course...
well we always have time...
but if we never ever take time...
how can we ever have time?

so, take some time xD ahha.

Anonymous said...

Wah 100 pieces, i think it take a long time to get there. how are u dude? when will you come back gather with us? missing u very much. my guitar lecture not yet finish le, u promise teach me one full song, when will u come back continue your teaching? gonna miss u, my frend. atleast give us a message when u free, so that we won't forget have a friend like u.