Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Everybody Loves Ah Har

Took a walk around my living area yesterday morning with Jill.

As I walk, I've reached the area where Ms. Ng Choei Har lives in. I headed to her house. But it's nothing like what I remembered. The tan-colored MyVi is not there anymore, the whole place still looked more or less the same, but the red palm outside of the house wasn't there, could it be that she already moved to some place else?

She was my English teacher during Form 4 and Form 5. Well everybody loves her back then. She prefer to learn things with us rather than teaching us, she lets us express our own points of view rather than confining our minds within a given parameter. For that, I respect her, all the time.

She guided me, Jerwin and Steven in the debate competition. In which led us to the final round, which we ended up losing to Convent BM, well one of the opposition was our friend, Grace-Lynn. I miss those days.

Not so long after we graduated from high school, a few of us including Wei Xiong still managed to ask Ms. Ng out for a drink or something. In fact, she's everywhere. Regardless of which private college or government universities the students went, they will call upon Ms. Ng. "Ms.Ng ah drop by Tanjung Bungah when you come la I'm in TAR now; Ms. Ng call me when you're at Sungai Dua la I'm in USM; Ms. Ng are you in? I'm around your taman now."

Yes, she was, and she still is, that popular. Well, why not? When she can talk to you like a good old friend, advises you in every way she could. I don't know how to put this, but back then, when we were away from home and at school, she's like a mum in school. Haha!

When she's not around, we often call her as 'Ah Har', without the title and first name ahahaha.

I have her number in my cell, but it is weird because, I don't feel like giving her a call. Maybe not now. Maybe tonight. Haha. It's been so long. And given the fact that she may have already moved to some place else.

Happy Chinese New Year, Ah Har.

I'm drowning in this song now:



sing along, people.

Love and be loved in this valentine season.

No comments: