Sunday, October 24, 2010

Audition for VOLKSWAGEN POLO ROCKS







Got a text from Ribben last night about the Volkswagen Polo Rocks audition.
I called Chiew Fui, driven by my madness and spontaneousness, she agreed and so we entered the audition. Arrived at the scene at 12pm, the crews are yet to setup the stage, so we registered ourselves. Our performance consist of one vocal solo by Chiew Fui - I've Never Been to Me, another song by Chiew Fui accompanied with my guitar - Fish Leong's Love song (情歌), then my solo performance doing mash-up of As Long As You Love Me and Kau Ilhamku :)

Best thing out of this audition is, its me and Chiew Fui's 1st time entering this sort of competition, and its way too spontaneous. Haha. And hey I get to perform with

Meeting her in person is just nice. I couldn't really recognize her when I first saw her, coz she always has the fringe with the hair, but this time its a clear forehead. Then suddenly the image of her singing Stay in her music video pops in my mind and I was like 'what... isn't she the... oh my!' She was getting ready by playing her guitar at Coffee Bean.
Here's how I started the conversation:
Bowie : Hey! What guitar are you using?
Liyana : Oh I'm using a Martin! What about you?
Bowie : Oh I'm using Norman, it's a Canadian brand.
Liyana : I see. Let's enjoy the performance ya!
Bowie : sure thing!
At that point, I was already thinking 'why is this girl right here looks so familiar'.
Then the moment she strikes the guitar with one of her song, 'Ternyata'.
I was shocked. 'It's her!'.
And so happens, the photos were taken. And I had the honor of singing Stay with her.
It was fun and exciting.